Saturday, December 28, 2013

These boots....



A couple of weeks ago I was scrolling through my Facebook wall when a contest popped up from Get Out There Magazine @ https://www.facebook.com/GetOutThere.  Now, I can be pretty cynical at times when it comes to anything online because it seems these contests are usually a way to get your profile information via Facebook, Twitter etc, but I thought like, and share I can do that.  No further invasion of my privacy was needed.  Cool.  The next day I got an email from Get Out There Magazine saying congratulations you won!  Wow!  I actually won!  Thank you to Get Out There and Merrell!  I was pretty impressed to say the least.  I won a winter jacket and hiking boots from Merrell.  Nice!  Of course the first thing I did was post on Facebook about my win.  Friends liked my status, and commented about how suiting it was that I should win hiking boots.  I love hiking.  This year I did 5 pretty interesting hikes around BC.  I love the views and feeling the fresh air on my face and the sun shining down as I challenge myself to go further and higher up. 




So, today I set out to break in the new boots which were delivered within a week of receiving the email.  It was -4 sunny and what better way to burn off some calories consumed over Christmas.  The boots I have to say are amazing!  I could not afford to purchase a pair of boots of this quality at this time. The grips are solid and definitely dig into the crusty layer of snow.  Although I was planning for my first hike in these new boots to be something "epic" it a great walk on a beautiful day.  I did 7km in the sunshine and enjoyed the quietness of the morning.  Letting my mind drift away as I listened to various Rock on the iPod I thoroughly enjoyed my stroll up the hill.  The view from the top is always beautiful no matter what season it is.  As I headed down and back toward home I dreamt of future hikes that I plan on doing in 2014.  So, new Merrell's I have plans for you.  We will do some peaks in Lillooet and possibly further north.  We will hike local trails and who knows maybe create a few of our own! 

Ready to go?



No comments:

Post a Comment